Sunday, July 02, 2006

Running

I think that running is the king of all exercises. I've been running consistently since 1999 and I love it. Yesterday was the 1st day of the year that I have ran outside and it was fun. The temperature was around 90 degrees and humid. My lungs felt like they were burning for the 1st couple of miles but I completed a 40 minute run through the streets of Chicago. I usually go to the gym and run on the treadmills but nothing beats a run on the street. Running on a treadmill is slightly different from running on the street. Treadmill running is easier on the legs and you're running in a controlled environment. If you are new to running, try to do a couple of runs on the track or the street so you'll be truly fit for competitions or a friendly 5K race.

Runners World Magazine

No comments: