Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Nightmare Called SP2

SP2 is the service pack issued by Microsoft. It updates everything and gives the Microsoft user a new security function. Back in 2004, I read about the problems some people were having with SP2. Some people were complaining that certain programs no longer worked and that the new service pack fucked up their system. After reading all of these horror stories, I decided to pass on the new service pack from Microsoft and take care of network security and other various functions myself.

Earlier today I decided to download SP2 because I wanted to see what type of updates Microsoft put into this service pack. I put the SP2 on both of my computers and the problems started after everything was updated. On my main computer, the SP2 completely knocked off my internet connection and it decided to block Zonealarm, my antivirus program, and my .NET software. Once I saw the problems that this update was giving my main computer, I did a system restore and restored my computer to an earlier date. Everything was back to normal with the main computer. On my laptop, the SP2 blocked all of the same things and it would not let me establish a wireless connection. I immediately uninstalled the SP2 from my laptop and everything was back to normal.

Let me give you some advice. Learn the basics about computers, networking, and security. This will help you in the long run because if you rely on the SP2 and Microsoft updates, you will mess up your system. Go to the library, check out a basic book on networking & security and you'll be o.k.

Do not rely on Microsoft because they will fuck you in the end!!!

No comments: