Monday, May 15, 2006

The Bush Speech

I had a feeling that Bush was going to say something that we have already heard, so I went to Bally's to exercise. I've been scanning various blogs and it seems like there are a lot of conservatives who are pissed off at Bush and Senate Republicans. Democrats at blogs like Daily Kos are against the idea of the National Guard on the border but that's to be expected considering that most Democrats and their representatives are open to the idea of amnesty for all of the illegal aliens.

I was thinking that a compromise would have to be made but I've changed my mind. We can't give in to the pro-amnesty, reconquista types who want to destroy America and take over the southwest.

Here's what I think should be done.

The United States government should build a wall along the border, equip it with 100s of cameras, hire and train 1000s of new Border Patrol Agents, and put the National Guard and the Army on the border until those agents are trained. Any illegal immigrant caught trying to sneak into America or any illegal immigrants caught in the USA should be treated as criminals and should be sent back to their home nation. Any company caught employing illegal aliens should be fined $250k per illegal alien. I say no to amnesty and the new guest worker plan. If these people really want to work in America, they can do it the way everyone else does it and you can see how everyone else does it by clicking here.

What should be done about the people who are here illegally? I think that we should deport them. I disagree with Bush on deportation. Anything can be accomplished once you put your mind to it and deportation of millions of people would be rather easy. What wouldn't be easy is the media scrutiny if we decided to deport millions of people and the possiblity that the illegal aliens might riot. I can't wait to see what the Senate Republicans do because I think their actions will determine if the Republicans maintain control of Congress in November.

No comments: